January 26, 2012

Reviving Celery

This morning when I went to grab my celery and peanut butter for breakfast my bunch of celery was completely wilted.  So frustrating!  I learned this trick from a friend, and  it's something every home cook should know.

Reviving Celery
Cut the bottom core (3") off the celery bunch and place it into a tall glass.  Add water and stand in the refrigerator overnight.

In the morning you'll have a bunch of celery as crisp as the day you bought it.  Since you have some fresh crisp celery in your fridge, try slicing up a few stalks and enjoy it with some peanut butter for a fast, portable breakfast.  It's a well balanced meal, you can check off one of your veggie servings for the day and it's delicious.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...